Sunday 18 January 2015

Recent MAC Purchases

I decided to call this "recent purchases" and not a haul because I didn't think 5 items would class as a haul. I bought these items over 2 different orders and in the second parcel, there was a code for free shipping and a free sample with my next purchase for being a valued customer, so I was very happy with that.

  L:R- Sunny Seoul Lipstick, Velvet Teddy Lipstick, Pencil Sharpener, 48 Lashes, Prep+Prime Highlighting Pen in Light Boost


Velvet Teddy is a Matte formula. This lipstick has become so popular lately because of Kylie Jenner. I have had to wait months to get this lipstick as every time I went online it had sold out. I love the colour as it is a medium brown on my pale skin but this would be a great nude for darker skin tones.

Sunny Seoul is a Creamsheen formula. Creamsheen lipsticks are sheer and glossy which make them very easy to wear for a day time subtle look. I also have Japanese Maple by Mac which is a Creamsheen and I wear it all the time in the day as it just gives a slight colour to the lips with a nice glossy finish. I can't wait to wear this in the summer as pink lipsticks always suit me more when I have a tan

 
Top: Velvet Teddy
Bottom: Sunny Seoul
 

If you are wanting the Kylie Jenner look but at a cheaper price, I would suggest MUA Liquid Lipstick in Halcyon available at Superdrug for £3. This is an amazing dupe as the colours are very similar and the finish is the same. I have had Halcyon for a couple of weeks and I can get about 7 hours of wear out of this without needed a touch up. The only downside is the formula is quite drying, because it is a matte finish, so I would recommend applying lip balm after every use.


 Prep+Prime Higlighter in Light Boost. I bought this because a lot of beauty gurus on Youtube use this and I wanted to see what the hype was about. I would use this by layering it with my under eye concealer to give a more brightening effect. I also have YSL Touche Éclat so if you would like to see a "Touche Éclat versus Light Boost" then please let me know.

 
Lashes in 48. I used to wear Mac lashes a few years ago and I found them very easy to work with. The band is very thin which means they easily bend to the shape of your eye and the band is hardly detectable, even without eyeliner. I also found that I could use the same pair for weeks as these lashes are very easy to clean which justifies the price. I would probably wear these whilst out for a meal or on a night out.
 
If you would like to see a Mac Lipstick dupe post, or a look using Mac products then the same look using drugstore products then please let me know.
 
Lipsticks- £15.50
Pencil Sharpener- £4
Lashes- £10.50
Prep+Prime Highlighter- £18.50
 
 

No comments: