Sunday 25 January 2015

MUA Velvet Liquid Lipsticks - Review and Swatches

For quite a while now, matte lips have been a huge trend, which has led to pretty much every make up brand realising some form of matte liquid lipstick/lip lacquer. I had been wanting to try them but I didn't want to try a high end one in case I didn't like it and felt like I had wasted my money. I noticed that MUA had brought some out, so for £3 I thought I would give them a go. I have been back to Superdrug several times and I have ended up with 7 shades, I think there is around 10 in total.



Left to Right - Tranquillity, Halcyon, Aflush, Atomic, Criminal, Reckless, Kooky

Tranquillity and Halcyon

In the photo, these look quite similar. On the lips, Tranquillity is very light, so I pair it with a nude lipgloss for an easier to wear look. Halcyon is a perfect dupe for Velvet Teddy by MAC, so if you are loving that Kylie Jenner look, this one is great.

Aflush, Atomic and Criminal

These are all very bright shades. Aflush is a light pink with orange tones, Atomic is a bright orange and Criminal is a bold pink with purple tones. These are colours that I would only wear if I was going out and I think the pink shades would look great with a tan. I am surprised at how much I like Criminal as I don't usually go for dark pinks but I think it's the purple tones in this that make it for me.

Reckless and Kooky

These two are the darker shades of the range. I love dark reds and purples. I know these shades won't be for everyone but I love them. I recently wore Reckless whilst out for a meal and I received so many compliments on it. I imagine this would be a great red for darker skin tones also. Kooky is the kind of shade I would probably only wear on a night out, as I very rarely wear nude lips on a night out.

I hope you found this helpful and please let me know if you would like to see anymore posts like this.

No comments: