Monday 9 March 2015

YSL Touche Eclat Vs. MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter

For Christmas, I received YSL Touche Éclat as a gift and then went on to buy MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter. I wanted Touche Éclat for the longest time as I know it is a highly raved about cult product and I wanted to see what all the fuss is about. When it comes to MAC products, I go off recommendations from Youtube beauty gurus. I have seen a lot of them mention MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Light Boost and wanted to see how it compared to Touche Éclat, as Touche Éclat is pink and Light Boost is Yellow.



Top: MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
Bottom: YSL Touche Éclat on 01

The first difference I noticed between the two was pigmentation. Under my eyes, Light Boost looks a lot more pigmented than the Touche Éclat.

When blended in, Touche Éclat gives me a very natural, healthy, well rested look. I thought this was easily wearable for everyday and also occasions like weddings, when you want to look your best but not heavily made up.

Light Boost gives me a very highlighted look. I would probably choose this over Touch Eclat for a night time look or any occasion where I wanted to look made up.

The only downside for me was the packaging on the Touche Éclat. It is operated by a clicking motion rather than Light Boost which is from a twisting motion. It takes ages to get any product out of Touche Éclat which I found annoying and I prefer the packaging on Light Boost, because of this I might give Radiant Rose by MAC a try to see if it will give me the same natural looking results that I find easier to use.

YSL Touche Éclat retails for £25 and MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter retails for £18.50

No comments: