Wednesday 7 January 2015

My Tips for Dry/Frizzy/Damaged Hair

As a qualified hairstylist, I am always giving my friends and family advice on hair care. I have dry curly hair which is long so it is prone to damage. I thought today I would share some of my tips andfavourite products with you.

  • A hair oil will become your best friend. For years I have been using Macadamia Oil. There are some cheaper oils out there, but for me they don't make much difference. I have even used high end oils that have made little to no difference on my hair. If you want your hair to be it's best, Macadamia Oil is the way to go.
  • When using heated tools on your hair, always use a heat protection spray!  Heat from styling tools damaged your hair so much and can even lead to your hair breaking off, and no one wants that. I don't use a hairdryer that much, I mainly use GHDs or curling tongs, but if you are using GHDs on a regular basis (I know how addictive they are) then you need to use a heat protection spray. After you have styled your hair, rub a serum or styling cream through the ends to give you a smoother look. My favourite is Tigi After Party. This is expensive but a little goes a long way.
  • Use hair masks and reconstructive conditioners on a weekly basis. Doing so will actually repair your hair rather than just making it look repaired, which is what normal conditioners do. My favourite masks and reconstructive conditioners are L'Oreal Elvive. They leave your hair feeling amazing and they do make a difference to your hair. They have a wide range, so you can have a play around and find your favourite. A lot of people rave on about Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I have seen people have fantastic results with that product but personally I hate the smell and I find the product feels plastic-y.

I hope my tips have been helpful top you and if you would like to see any other hair tips i.e for colour hair or oily hair, then please let me know.

No comments: